Friday 30 December 2016

For the benefit of all, benefit the small.

I'm creating a drawing a day for a year, just for the art of it.

Today's is a child and the world.

Sometimes the strangeness of the world we live in strongly occurs to me in the middle of mundane things. Today I was in a shop buying baby supplies and they had fluffy balls you can decorate your handbag with for £6.50. Water aid can put a pump to supply drinkable water in Nepal for £50. So I'm standing in the shop thinking, "I can have eight handbag decorations or fresh water for a village?"

I don't begrudge anyone pretty things, I have lots, and I design furnishing fabric and wallpaper for a living, but we have such a vast gap from first world to developing world and vaster still to third world...Anyway, I'm going to save up for a water pump.


No comments:

Post a Comment