Sunday 3 April 2016

What am a drawing for? And today's drawing, Jasmine.

Create a drawing a day.
I'm creating a drawing a day for a year, just for the art of it.
I started doing it because a friend of mine was doing it, and it sounded fun. I'm now really addicted to the project.
I'm a Printed Textile Designer and that means I design the artwork that gets printed on your clothes. Textile designers have to be very secretive with their work, as the fashion industry is obsessed with being the only one to know some hot trend first!
If you are interested you can see some textile design that I can share here:
It's been so liberating to share work and have so many comments back. It's also been liberating to draw whatever I like without a function for the art in mind.
I'm also a mum (my most important job) to a 7 year old and a 9 month old. That's like standing in sunshine for me, but it can be intense. Even without children everyone's life can get busy, and I've found taking time to draw very therapeutic. Drawing clears the mind of everyday "noise" and let's you do one thing fully, create! It's good for the soul. Art is food for the heart, the person themselves can be themselves.
Many of my friends have showered me with compliments and ideas, thank you.
Many of my friends have also said how much they would love to do something similar, or how much they used to enjoy art, and must start to do it again. Some have even told me they have restarted drawing as a direct result of seeing my work and being inspired - I could be paid for my effort in no higher currency!
I'm moved and delighted that my pleasure in my art could move another to create more art, themselves. Thank you everyone for contributing your interest in my project so far.
Love, Kirsteen



No comments:

Post a Comment