Sunday 1 May 2016

My Brother

I'm creating a drawing a day for a year, just for the art of it.

Today's is my big brother. I've aged him a bit with my line drawing (sorry Andrew

I'm creating a drawing a day for a year, just for the art of it.

Today's is my big brother. I've aged him a bit with my line drawing (sorry Andrew).

One of my most valuable ideas about art, is to treat every work of art like putting out a fire. You are a fireman and you simply have to go in there and rescue people, you can't "not be inspired today" or "fires are not really my thing, more of a car wreck person" no, you get in there and rescue people till it's done or clearly impossible.

This drawing went through several uncomfortable stages but I bulldozed on and it's turned out OK, at any rate it's definitely better than second guessing myself into no drawing at the end at all! Hope that helps someone. Best, Kirsteen


No comments:

Post a Comment