Thursday 9 March 2017

Lamppost

I'm creating a drawing a day, just for the art of it.
Today's is a lamppost. #drawingadayclub

I've lived in two places called Mayfield in my life, the one in Scotland is not too pretty, don't go there, Scotland is full of nice places to go, but the one in South East England is like a Dickens novel made life. My flat (half way between two churches on the high street had a bay window with those pains of glass that look like the bottoms of bottles in it, that was not a gimmick, it dated from the days when that was as big and as flat as they could make glass! I used to sit in the window seat and when it snowed, and the flakes fell in the light of a street lamp a bit like this, you truly walked the pages of a novel from the days when reading novels was sinful and corrupt!




No comments:

Post a Comment