Friday 24 March 2017

Dylan sleeping (the day before yesterday's drawing)

I'm creating a drawing a day, just for the art of it.
Today's (the day before yesterday's) is my son sleeping in a coat in the pushchair.

Art tip Many people feel that work follows inspiration, so you feel inspired or in the mood, then you do artwork. This is somewhat true but if you only follow this rule you will not be prolific, in fact it is doubtful you will even get enough practice to be good. Inspiration also follows work. My successful author friend put it like this "bum on seat, hands on keyboard." That works for me too, I start working (even though I'd far rather not), I get inspiration and sometimes I do some of my very best work. Yesterday I did a drawing for my textile design that I described to my brother as "hitting it out of the park" I badly wanted to sit and watch "Big Bang Theory" when I made myself start it!

#drawingadayclub



No comments:

Post a Comment