Thursday 28 July 2016

My son from life.

I'm creating a drawing a day for a year, just for the art of it.

As I'm not doing it for a client, the do not have to all be successful, this is interesting because I have started drawing all sorts of things outside my comfort zone. I'm good at landscapes, flowers, boats, buildings and patters and colours. I'm not good at people or fantasy art. But because I'm allowed to do some poor ones (like the one a couple of days ago) I can try these things out.

I'm a textile designer and some subjects, for example birds, really lend themselves to textiles, another interesting thing about doing a drawing a day for fun is I'm drawing all sorts of things that so don't belong on bedding or wall paper and then thinking of ways that they might!




No comments:

Post a Comment