Friday 21 April 2017

Birds in flight and tip from Lee

I'm creating a drawing a day, just for the art of it, and sharing an art tip too.

Today's drawing is birds in flight.
Today's tip is from actor director Lee Purcell.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002517/bio

Lee Purcell This is actually harder than I thought , as during a lifetime ( still going strong) of art, I have gone through several evolutions of how I create art and several different types of art. I think my best tip (s) ( at least for today) is be true to yourself as an artist, don't be afraid to experiment and discard those experiments. When your heart and breath beat faster and you're experiencing what might be considered fear it's really excitement and adrenaline and you're on the right track. Try many different forms and genres of art, you might just surprise yourself. And remember, you can pursue more than one type of art at a time! One last thing, don't think you can run away from being an artist because you can't, it'll just chase you down and jump in your face until you give up and just be an artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment