Monday 3 April 2017

Girl in water soluble pencil and tip from Felix

I'm creating a drawing a day, just for the art of it, and sharing an art tip too. I've hit on the idea of getting some of the artists I admire to give me tips. The first of these is from photographer Felix Kunze.
 http://felixkunze.com

Felix Kunze "In the beginning of anyone's career (which is where I am), it is easy to get the idea that one must give up one's values and integrity to get ahead. To suck up to people you don't like just because they are in a position of power, or do projects because of promised 'exposure'. I started off far too stubborn and chose my projects with my heart first, brain second. I'm apparently unique in the world of photography because I do hardly any unpaid work for other people. The only unpaid work I do is my personal projects. 

Stick to your guns. Don't be an ass about it, be kind, be thoughtful. But don't confuse kindness and naivety. 

Build a career based on your value set, not that of others."


#drawingadayclub


No comments:

Post a Comment